A Note from HSPA President, Jessica Horwitz
Our annual Gala Auction is the PA’s biggest event of the year and generates the majority of our yearly revenue. With a successful auction, we are able to make a truly meaningful donation to support our school.
But more importantly, it’s a really good time! Volunteers have been working since last spring to make this a fabulous event. This is a great chance to spend time with friends, faculty, and fellow Harbor parents at a fun party in a beautiful location. You can purchase tickets and register for the silent auction here. We hope you will join us!
In addition to attending, there are many other ways to offer support. Here are nine different ways you can help with this year’s auction—pick one (or a few!):
1. Purchase your tickets now! The earlier we can get an accurate head count, the easier it is for planning.
2. Sponsor a teacher. Auction tickets are given to each of our faculty. Please consider sponsoring a teacher, as an individual family, or by teaming up with your class. You can also donate a ticket specifically so your teachers can bring their significant others.
3. Participate in the silent auction. Thanks to our mobile bidding service, you can participate in the silent auction even if you can’t attend the Gala. Register for the auction here.
4. Donate a bottle of wine. Individual wine bottles and baskets of selected wines will be featured in our silent auction. And just like last year, we will have decorated mystery wine bottles as well. We’d love to add your bottle to our collection.
5. Make a basket! Put together a selection of your favorite books, movies, toys, or games—or sign up for a basket listed on the wall next to the PA bulletin board. Baskets can be any size and don’t need to cost a lot—just be creative!
6. Ask your favorite restaurant, store, or beauty salon for a gift certificate! The next time you drop your child(ren) at soccer, gymnastics, tennis, swimming, ballet, etc., leave a donation form and ask the staff if they would be willing to support Harbor’s auction. You can print a donation form here or pick some up by the front entrance.
7. Donate time at your vacation property! Do you have access to a vacation home that you would be willing to share with another Harbor family? If so, you might consider donating a block of time to the auction.
8. Donate tickets to sporting or cultural events! Do you have baseball, football, or basketball tickets you would be willing to donate to the auction? How about tickets to the theater, ballet, or symphony?
9. Use your connections and/or talents! Experience has taught us that Harbor parents have great connections that yield fabulous auction items. Such connections might include: a round of golf at a sought-after golf course, a gourmet dinner prepared by a local chef or restaurant, a hand-knit sweater or poncho, sports or music lessons—the list goes on and on! If you’re not sure how to help, contact Amanda Posner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are so incredibly fortunate to have such committed and involved families here are Harbor. Thank you for your continued support of HSPA events and programs. We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming ice skating party, community night dinners, and our main event—our 80’s Mix Tape Gala Auction!