Dear Harbor Families,
In the spirit of a season of giving, I write you today with the gift of your kids. As my grandma used to say, "kids say the darndest things". I thought it would be fun to hear from the kids themselves about what it's like to learn at The Harbor School. Here are a few highlights from our conversations.
- I like that others will be kind and I can make new friends.
- The playground. I like the climbing wall the best.
- It has cool enrichments.
- We have a lot of jobs in every classroom so kids can know what it feels like when they're older.
- Visiting you in your office and the administration office!
- Are we going to fit in a third grade? I'd really like that.
- What I love about art class is those centers and my favorite one is printmaking.
- Buddy reading is really nice.
- Working hard and being kind and being safe and showing whole body listening.
- I like having mindfulness with Ms. Zuraf.
- The Makerspace is actually pretty fun. You can build stuff.
- We donate things to hospitals and other places.
- We learn. I learn about space.
- The lunch.
- I like being the messenger in morning meetings.
- I like to use the 3D printer and Tinkercad to build things.
- Today we were next door at the JK and we read them a book.
What insightful sentiments from our students!