Dear Harbor Families,
If you haven't been able to tell from our emails, social media posts, and morning meetings, we are kind of excited about tomorrow night's big event for Harbor!
Below, you will find details about our plans for the evening, as well as some information to help you get set up for the fun!
6:30 PM Introduction, Interactive Presentation, Surprise Activity for the Kids
7:00 PM Toasts, Raffle Drawing
7:15 PM Breakout Rooms with Interactive Games and Alumni After Parties*
* Families will join one of the following interactive games or social groups in small groups, facilitated by Harbor faculty and staff
- Pictionary - Using the whiteboard feature, players will take turns drawing mystery words on the screen for others to guess!
- Charades - Players will take turns acting out a word or phrase without speaking, while others shout out guesses!
- Taboo - Players will describe a mystery word without using 5 "taboo" words, while others try to guess the mystery word!
- Scavenger Hunt - Players will be challenged to find objects in their homes - a race with the timer!
Please keep in mind the following:
- If you haven't already, register here for the Auction, which opens tomorrow morning at 9 AM!
- For the entire family to enjoy the program, log into the Zoom meeting on a computer or consider cast screening to another large screen. Have phones handy for auction bidding if you choose to participate.
- Enable "speaker view" on Zoom so you will be able to see the speaker in large view on the screen.
- Identify the game your family has decided to play in advance. You will be prompted to add your choice to your screen name at the beginning of the evening so we can assign breakout rooms.
- Families who also have alumni children may want to log into the Zoom on a second device - to attend an alumni after party during the interactive games portion of the evening.
- If you are so inclined, feel free to use the evening as an opportunity to shed the sweatpants and put on some festive attire!
Finally, if you haven't already, don't forget to put in your order for take-out or delivery from Fogo de Chao in Bethesda (mention The Harbor School). The restaurant has asked that we place our orders in advance if possible.
See you tomorrow evening!
Head of School