Harbor’s Board of Trustees would like to share with you our current status and next steps in the search for the next Head of School for Harbor.
The Board of Trustees recently engaged a highly regarded recruitment consultant, Dr. Jane Snider of Heads-Up Consultants, LLC. Dr. Snider, with a 30-year career as an educator, program development leader, and search consultant, will assist in soliciting feedback from the Harbor community, guiding us through a successful search and identifying candidates.
The Harbor School Search Committee has been formed, with membership taking into account the core principles of ensuring inclusivity, a diversity of perspectives, and a strong range of skill sets. The nine-member Search Committee includes faculty, trustees, and current and alumni parents. The Committee, working closely with our search consultant, has the important role of reviewing the candidate pool once complete, identifying and interviewing prospective qualified candidates, and recommending a new Head of School for Board of Trustees approval.
Search process at a glance [please note timeline HAS BEEN accelerated]:
- October: position announcement posted and search committee formed
- November – December: recruit potential candidates
- January 5: application deadline
- Mid-January to mid-February: review candidate pool, identify and interview leading candidates
- Mid-February: Finalist Visits
- Mid- to late-February: next Head of School selected